Saturday, July 31, 2010

What's in a name?

EVERYTHING and that's why we are not going to ever come up with one. This topic is such an issue that it got me out of my blogging slump. That means it's a big deal. So basically I have names that I like and Devin has names that he likes and there isn't much common ground.

I just want there to be that ONE magical name that I say and Devin looks at me with a huge smile on his face maybe a little tear in his eye and nod yes, YES that's it. You did it you said the winning name that will perfectly pair with our sweet little girl. I bring up that I want to mention it only because the tiny bit of common ground is me saying I think I like that name. Meaning the name Devin throws out, because he likes none of my names, and it kind of bugs... I'm hormonal and not sleeping well I have the right to be bugged? Yes!

Is that name out there I don't know so I guess stay tuned to see what happens with this name debacle.

So help me my Baby Girl Chipman #2. To solemnly swear that you will have a name by the time we leave the hospital. You will not be baby girl on your birth certificate.




7 comments:

Aimee said...

You and me, friend.

Scott says Hazel is off the table. Xaiver is totally off the table so that leaves only semi-liked names for each of us.

Contenders

Boy: Whitman Heffernan - this is tricky because WhitMAN HefferNAN sort of sounds too ringy but I still like the name Whitman.
Boy: Cash Heffernan - like the one syllable name w/ 3 syllable last name but we just feel ok about this name.

No one got on my blog that I was kidding about the name Hugh. I've had a bunch of people ask me if that is what we have decided on?? Why would we name our kid Hugh Heffernan when it is so close to Hugh Heffner?!

Girl: Hazel apparently off the table so Scott tells me today.
Girl: Scout is still on the table. Scott likes it way more than me but I do like it. Don't love it. Ugh.

What are we to do?!

I'll keep my ears open for names that go with Tegan and that would fit your personalities. And if you think of any for us let me know ;)

Shan's hair looked way good by the way. I video chatted with her and it was a good one for sure. She was really happy.

Kazzy said...

Names are a toughy. We struggled every time.

Rhiannon said...

Awe man! I have a "great" idea, let Teagan name the baby ;) I have honestly heard of people who let their kids do that.
By the way, I absolutely love the puddle jumpers you gave Maeva. They fit now & I think they will be great for for her to walk in as soon as she gets better at it that is.

jamie said...

I vote Tabitha! I mean come on, Teagan and Tabitha?
SO CUTE....but I have told you this before.
Devin just needs to clue in to how awesome it would be.

(what about sylvie? do you guys still like that one?)

mel or kel said...

I agree with Tabitha, loved it when you told us and loved it when Jamie just reminded me about it!! Maybe you can bargain with Devin, you name this baby and he can name the next.

Aisha Johnson said...

Agreed, there is nothing wrong with Tabitha :) But I won't get in the middle of this...we've got our own baby name battle to fight...

Ethnie said...

Will's name came so easily to both of us, but it took Hunt and I 4 days to name our little boy #2. And to tell you the truth I still don't love his name, but we couldn't leave him nameless much longer so Aiden he is. I hope you have better luck than we did.